Miami’s Best Dog-Friendly Beaches!
Want to include your best friend in your weekend plans? You can! Miami has dog-friendly beaches! There's nothing better than a gorgeous day at the beach with your pup! I’ve put together a list of the best dog-friendly beaches in Miami!
HOBIE BEACH - WINDSURFER BEACH
Rickenbacker Causeway, Miami, FL 33149
Just off of the Rickenbacker Causeway is Hobie Beach (also called Windsurfer Beach .
Hobie Beach is known for being Miami's favorite dog friendly beach. Bring your pup here for a nice run on the sand. The water is shallow so dogs can play in the surf without worries about strong currents. Hobie Beach/Windsurfer Beach is located right in between Brickell, Downtown Miami and Key Biscayne, so beach goers will enjoy amazing skyline views from this beautiful off-road beach with concession stands & free parking!
NORTH BEACH OCEANSIDE PARK -
Between 80th & 81st Street Beach in Miami Beach. East of the North Beach Oceanside Park, entrance on Collins and 81 Street
• Dogs permitted in designated beach area only.
• Dogs shall be on leash at all times except in designated area. Owner must carry leash at all times in the Bark Beach area.
• You are responsible for immediate disposal of all fecal matter deposited by your dog.
• Dogs should not create a nuisance by causing any form of disturbance such as excessive barking and other types of inappropriate behavior.
• The holder shall indemnify and hold harmless the City, its employees, officers, agents and assigns from any and all claims for injury and/or damages to property, including wrongful death, resulting from the use of the Bark Beach.
• Owners accept responsibility for the actions of their dogs.
• Female dogs in heat, aggressive and any dogs not up to date with required vaccines are NOT permitted.
• Dogs are not permitted to dig in the sand.
• Dogs must have collar and rabies tag on at all times.
• Limit two (2) dogs per owner.
South Pointe Park Bark Park (OFF-LEASH)
Located on the Southern tip of Miami Beach, 1 Washington Avenue.
This is the City’s only off leash dog park. It is recommended for your dog to be brought into the designated area with a leash, have current year tags and shots and be accompanied by its owner/guardian. Owner/guardians should pick up dog waste and drop in designated containers.
DOGS PERMITTED OFF-LEASH IN THIS AREA ONLY
It is a violation to permit dogs to run at large in any other area of this park.
Specified off-leash area is the fence-less grass area south and west of the Washington Avenue entry plaza.
Dogs are also welcome in other areas of the park but, must always remain leashed.